Adult Stem Cell Therapy & Platelet Rich Plasma
Day 1 Post-Op: Surgical dressings are removed and bandages applied over sutures. Dressings should be changed daily or as needed.
- Home health therapy will begin after surgery, and usually lasts for 2 weeks
- Patella mobilizations may begin right away
- Other exercise includes ankle pumps: when seated sit with leg fully bent or extended with heel on towel
10 Days Post-Op: Staples are taken out. Wait one day to shower. Steri-strips are applied; let them come off on their own
- For every 5 minutes of walking patient needs to elevate leg while laying on back for 15 minutes.
First 3 weeks Post Op: Bilateral TED hose worn at all times
- Doctor will determine whether or not a cane is needed the day after surgery.
- Outpatient physical therapy begins as soon as home health care ends
- Do not put pillow under knee when lying down